If you were in the story, you might call Les Deux the archetypal bad guys of Beyond The Pyre. Sadly, by the time you had reached that conclusion you would be too late, possibly dead.
Les Deux wouldn’t stand out in a crowd, at least not until your path crossed theirs and I really hope that they won’t have the pleasure of your company because seriously, that pleasure would be all theirs and you will probably be reduced to a physical and psychological wreck.
If you think that sounds extreme and without too many spoilers getting in the way, here is a partial résumé.
- Present during key crusader events (1st to 4th crusades) such as the storming of Jerusalem and the gates of Constantinople.
- Respected by Simon de Montfort the 13th Century leader of the crusades against the Cathars and other minority groups who upset the pope by choosing not to follow Catholicism.
- Feared by people on all sides of the Cathar crusades.
- Les Deux were probably responsible for the famous phrase; ‘Kill them all, God will know his own.’ Unfortunately a number of people have laid claim to this and verification is difficult because it was originally claimed over eight hundred years ago by a number of kind people.
- Les Deux are amazing leaders who get ‘everybody’ to do their bidding. Terrible team workers.
- Enemies of Elionor and Louis in the 13th century
- Friends to Catharine and Ben in the 21st century; at least Catharine and Ben thought they were.
Would you give them a job? Sorry to be so rude and answer for you, despite your reservations, yes you probably would.
Change is inevitable
Go with it
Grow with it
Dance with it
Paid Writing Opportunities
You can get opportunities in your Inbox every week thanks to Jan Jacobs at www.freedomwithwriting.com I have been on Jan’s mailing list for a few years. He is responsible, never fills your inbox with junk and if you are quick enough, these opportunities are always genuine.
Check out Marc Guberti if you really want to build a successful social media or blogging platform.
This young person is already way above the majority with his knowledge and experience. He is worth every second of your time and he shares much of what he does freely.
Monthly Book Giveaway
One of the best ways to obtain new readers and reviews is to giveaway some copies of your book. To that end ‘Readers Favorite.com’ has created the Readers’ Favourite Monthly Book Giveaway! If your book is on Kindle then you can create a Kindle Gift for your book. When you do it will generate a Gift Claim Code that you will place in the form below. Your book will then be displayed on our Monthly Book Giveaway page. Your book must be on Amazon.com (US version of Amazon) to participate in the Monthly Book Giveaway.
The giveaway receives premium advertising placement on the left side of every page of their site used by visitors and readers. This ensures that it will be seen by the countless readers, authors, agents, publishers and journalists who visit their site, driving quality readers to the Monthly Book Giveaway page and providing you with great advertising for your book!
Coming Soon . . .
- Beyond The Pyre, character pen portraits – Ben and Louis
- Forthcoming novels by Steve Costello
- Guest Posts
- Apps that help
Feedback . . .
Comments relating to this blog or other aspects of my work are welcomed. I am also happy to consider collaboration with other authors. If you would like to know more about me, send me a message at email@example.com
Wishing you Peace, Love and Happiness always